Saturday, August 21, 2010







I totally believe that we as people should share our knowledge. I believe this is one of the reasons that we are here. We each excel in a talent. Doctors, lawyers, teachers, equipment operators, carpenters, farmers, ranchers and the most important is the homemaker, etc. I have been canning and preserving food close to 25 years now. I sure have come along way. I remember the very first time that I tried canning peaches. I am chuckling as I reminiscence. I thought you were suppose to boil the water in the canner first and than add your jarred peaches. I couldn't figure out why the jars would crack every time. So in frustration I finally called Bina. What a sweet lady. She was 1/2 Cherokee Indian. She stood no more than 5 feet if that. She was my neighbour and friend. Bina was already getting close to her 70's when she came over that first time. She tsk me, shook her head, called me a ninny, and proceeded to teach me the proper way of canning.



I believe in karma. What goes around comes around. I learned alot from Bina.

Yesterday at work, a young lady of 29, Sharon, asked me if I can. I replied yes. "Do you can beans?" Yes, why? I asked her."I would like to learn how to can." I tried explaining to her how you do it. She had more questions. I finally told her, Sharon would you like me to show you what I know? Today, Sharon came over, and I showed her how I can beets. I explained the basic process of canning. Sharon was here for a few hours. I,  throughly enjoyed her company today. We have made plans to go wild blueberry picking later this week. 

Share your knowledge.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hear hear!

    It was my neighbour who first showed me and this year I was able to help a friend from work. Makes you feel pretty darn good, too.

    ReplyDelete