Saturday, October 23, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.....


Well I guess there is no denying it, winter is starting for us here in the north. Overall winter is good. For the most part, the birds have all flown south, except for a few reluctant robins. The bears should have all settled in for their winter snooze. Nature herself is ready for winter. Frank has the garden roto-tilled for the year. Wood put up. The canning is almost done-I am beginning to 'hate' tomatoes. There are a few carrots left behind in the garden that need to be dug and put up. Overall I guess we are ready for the onslaught of winter. The only bad thing about living  this far north, is that winter just lasts to darn long! 
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. For awhile, I hated winter. And then we had kids and it was fun again. I find it goes on a little long, too, so I can just imagine how you feel having longer winters than we do. Did you get out there and build a snowman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Liz, it is like this, I just hate winter!!! There are no hills to go tobogganing, I never did learn how to ice skate...now I am just to damn old to learn-takes longer to heal from an injury, and the temperature isn't always in favour of outdoor activities-once winter sets in it will not get above -10.We will think -15 is a warm day. No serious, that is the truth. Now with all that said, I would like to learn how to build a right proper igloo.

    ReplyDelete