Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have been busy in the kitchen.....


first there was mozza cheese....

than there was farmhouse cheddar cheese.....

redneck cheese press

than there was Italian bread made with the whey....


than there was pizza, made with both the whey and the mozza cheese....


and finally, butter....



Tomorrow I will have a wheel of cheese to wax, that I had made yesterday. The one that is currently under the 'press' right now will be waxed on Sunday. I will also be making more butter tomorrow. Today I also made some cottage cheese. 

Madeline left today to go to Penticton, BC to visit her high school friend, Erin.  Quentin, Erin's dad,  along with her brother Josh, came and picked Maddie up this afternoon. Erin doesn't even know that Maddie is coming for a week for a visit. Erin just thinks it is her dad and brother that are coming. I can just imagine Erin's reaction when she opens her door tomorrow!!

So, with Madeline gone, that leaves the milking to me. Yep. Me. With arthritis rearing its' ugly head in my left hand, this should be fun. Misty is a little harder to milk than Annie. Misty's teats are shorter, and she is way more impatient than Annie. Misty figures you should be done milking in about 20 minutes or less. You can double to almost triple that time limit for me. Plus Misty gets milked twice a day. It is going to be a very long week!!

Mr. Mallard got moved out to the hen house, late afternoon. We clipped one of his wings, so he wouldn't try to fly away. So far so good. Will keep you all posted on his well being.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love the cheese press! Don't worry I'll try to milk when i'm out

    ReplyDelete