Thursday, August 4, 2011

hay

In the twenty years that I have lived on the farm with my husband, this is the first year that he has allowed me to cut the hay! Which I thoroughly enjoyed!! Usually I get delegated to raking or hauling the hay off of the fields.

Our haying equipment had given itself up and went to equipment heaven. Which left us in a very bad spot. Haying season had already started. The farm auctions, for the most part, were over. Frank was back to work. So he decided we shall go the cheap route and purchase a sickle mower. The salesman was surprised that I wanted to order one. His exact words were 'They still make those?' I was a butt of a few of the mechanics and the sale guy's jokes. That is fine. I can give as good as I get.


We have about a 100 acres to put up. It will take a bit longer. But hey, past farmers did it! Now, if it would only stop raining long enough for us to get the hay put up!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment