Tuesday, December 6, 2011

no snow spa day

We had another wicked wind come through the farmstead again last night. Again, I thought for sure the side of the house would be peeled off and rolled up like a sardine can. But we survived! Other than the nasty wind, we woke up to 5 above and no snow. Yep. I love it!! I hate the white stuff. When it comes in October and it doesn't leave until May it just makes for a very long winter.  I don't even care if there is snow on the ground for Christmas. I have had plenty of white Christmas-es, in my life to last me a lifetime. I  would actually enjoy a brown one for a change!!


Today, Maddie and I brought the boys out of their pen. Etzio needs a bit of work with his leading. Well we all know how stubborn donkeys can get. But this little guy doesn't know how stubborn I can be. I won.





Each boy got a very good rub down. Charlie enjoyed his grooming immensely. Etzio, not so much.


Madeline cleaned their hooves. She said this is a first. She has never cleaned so tiny of hooves before.







No snow!!!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures. Of course, you won :)!
    I just wish there wasn't so much buildings around me but only animals ( even the stubborn one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got some nicer, warmer, weather, minus the snow! Excellent day to be outside fixing up those little cuties!

    ReplyDelete