Monday, January 2, 2012

The New Year

Since becoming a mom back in December of '83, and especially when my little ones started school, my years always went from September to September. I haven't had any children in school for two years now, and I still find it hard to think the year in terms of January to December. Old habits die hard.

But this year, I am hoping, is far better than any previous ones. There is so much to look forward to this year. New beginnings, which I will go in detail later this month (don't worry, nothing awful). There is going to be a new wee one born this spring. Cassierae is due with her second child in April. She desperately wants a girl. I also wish that for her. I will be getting my bees this spring. Which I am very excited for!! That adventure I can hardly wait for. I will be lambing out 11 ewes...my little flock is growing. My Jerseys will all be calving this spring through the summer. I am hoping that I will be getting heritage chicks. I have several woodworking projects that I can't wait to start. Gardening. My favourite summer activity. The raspberry patch should be abundant this year. I really want to try my hand at making raspberry wine!

There is also so many uncertainties that start this new year off. Possible conflict with Iran in the Persian Gulf, the economic difficulties facing Europe, and not to mention all the nay-sayers about the doom and gloom for 2012. I am not going to ignore these issues, but I won't let them rule my life either. I am not a religious person, but I am spiritual. One has to hold to their faith, you have to have hope, and you still  need to believe that everything will turn out exactly like it is suppose too!

I don't make new year's resolutions, like I did when I was younger. The word resolutions has such a negative tone to it. I have no issues that need to be resolved. I'd rather to make an oath. It just sounds better, to me. I am going to try to be a better person. Try to treat others the way I would like to be treated. To always learn new things. To step out of my comfort zone. Which is very hard for me. I am a very shy person. Really! It's true!

What are your plans, desires, hope and dreams for this new year?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. My plans, desires, hopes and dreams? Less weeds in the garden (probably more of a dream than a plan). More games with the kids. More jokes and less stress at work. That's a pretty good start.

    Can't wait to hear about the bees.

    ReplyDelete