Monday, March 19, 2012

Tarragon Chicken

Not much going on today. Just the normal chores. 
The path to the wood shed wasn't shovelled all the way. And pushing the wheelbarrow full of wood through that deep snow,  did my sore knee in. It was bothering me all day. Grrr! 
I have been working on a few sewing projects. When I get it all done, I will share with you. 

Tonight for supper I made this chicken dish I thought I would share with you all. I served it with canned green beans, frozen carrots tossed with butter and dill (from last years garden) and with couscous.

Tarragon Chicken




4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinned, and halved)

10 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup of sherry (or apple juice)
1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced or left whole (totally optional)
salt and pepper
1 tsp tarragon

Place chicken in a small roaster. Mix next 7 ingredients together. Spread over chicken. Cover. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours until tender.

The sauce is excellent over noodles, rice or potatoes.
Maddie doesn't really care for sauces made with mushroom soup, but the boys ate it up with gusto. Their hunger was satisfied and that is all that matters!
Enjoy!





Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This looks really delicious and funny thing is I've been looking for recipes that help me use up my many cans of soup. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete