Friday, June 14, 2013

tiny visitor

We have been having showers off and on today. I knew that Frank was working on his grain bin and roller mill project when the latest shower started. I was looking out the windows to see if I could spot him, and discovered this little fella on the deck.

I picked him up ever so gently and he just clung to my finger.

I took several photos of him. I think he was enjoying his close-ups! He finally got off of my finger and sat in the open window of the porch.





This species of butterfly is called a MOURNING CLOAK



Most of their habitat is open areas in woodlands. Their host plants are deciduous trees and shrubs. They really like willows and poplars. And guess what I have around my house?




If you want to know about these little guys try here




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment